A few agents mentioned to us that when they clicked on the “View” link to see a policy’s documents on the Attachments tab they got a dialog box that forced them to save the PDF file rather than just opened the file. Thanks to Mark at First Insurance Agency of the Hill Country, we were able to figure out the cause and resolve the issue.
The problem appears to be caused if you have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Pro (not the more common, free, Acrobat Reader) installed on your computer and use Internet Explorer.
To fix the problem:
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Start Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Pro.
- Choose “Edit” then “Preferences”.
- Select Internet in the list on the left.
- Deselect “Display PDF in Browser”, and click “OK”.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
From then on when you click “View” our PDF attachments should open up in Acrobat automatically without you having to save them first or make any other selections.
Welcome back to being Attached!