At iMGA we have much to be thankful for, and we’re especially thankful for our agents. Here are some of the reasons why insurance buyers should be grateful for a good independent insurance agent:
- They cut through the jargon – A good independent insurance agent will make sure you understand the coverages in your policy, and that they understand the risks you need covered – and present it all to you in easy to understand language.
- They give you a choice – Independent agents represent a variety of insurance companies that offer a wide range of coverage options and price points. Agents do the shopping but you do the saving. They will work to find you the right blend of price, coverage, and service and present you with options.
- They are personal advisers and advocates – Agents not only find you competitive pricing, they can also help make sure you are adequately covered by working to be sure they understand your coverage needs. If you have a billing or claim concern, or need to change your coverage, your agent can be your advocate, working with the insurance company on your behalf.
- They are right around the corner – Independent agents are your neighbors…they share your interest in the community where you live, and understand the benefits and challenges of living in your neighborhood. They are often highly involved in the community, sponsoring youth sports teams, buying from your local businesses, supporting school organizations, and voicing opinions at the monthly Chamber of Commerce meeting. They are right around the corner, ready to help.
- They offer one-stop shopping – Independent agents can often meet all of your insurance needs with the companies they represent, providing auto, home, renter’s, and business coverage. Many offer life and health insurance as well.
So we encourage everyone to join us in thanking our insurance agent for being there for us when we need them. They are great to have in our corner and we’re glad they are!
If you’re an independent insurance agent in Texas who would like to find out more, please fill in the form to learn more about becoming an iMGA agent.