When Shirlene entered Don’s agency and asked for a homeowners policy it seemed like a straightforward request.

She didn’t need a lot of optional┬ácoverages, so she passed on many of those we offer, such as:

  • Increased Contents
  • Increased Other Structures
  • Increased Loss of Use
  • Business Personal Property
  • Home Based Business Liability
  • Increased Loss Assessment
  • Increased Liability and Medical Payments
  • Scheduled Residence Glass, Guns, and Personal Property

House Hit by TruckThankfully, though, the iMGA Texas Elite Homeowners policy automatically includes coverages many insureds wouldn’t think to request but sometimes really need, like*:

  • $5,000 for Building Laws and Ordinances
  • Up to $5,000 for Mold
  • Up to $5,000 for Water Back-up (on selected forms)
  • $2,500 Business Personal Property
  • $2,500 Firearms Theft
  • $1,000 Loss Assessment
  • $500 Bullion/Valuable Papers

In Shirlene’s case her house was hit by a truck and pushed out of alignment with the foundation. To make matters worse, a law was passed after her home was built requiring all homes have a larger crawlspace than hers has. Fortunately the $5,000 Building Laws coverage in the iMGA policy will help cover the extra cost caused by that new building code.

It just goes to show that you never know what might happen, and it’s important to place your clients with markets that care about providing the right coverage. Who knows when or why your clients will need it – but if you’ve provided it for them they’ll be very glad they trusted you.

Shirlene sure is.


If you are a Texas Independent Insurance Agent who doesn’t already do business with iMGA and you’d like the extra


*Of course like all insurance coverages, these may vary and are subject to the terms, conditions and limitations in the policy.

↑ Top of Page