We are amused by large insurers spending their time and money advertising how claims caused by mayhem are covered by their policies. The ads truly are funny, but we laugh because we have yet to see a scenario advertised that would not be covered by most any auto policy. So, we’re left asking “where’s the beef”?
Well, we have been listening to our agents, and based on your input we put some serious beef into rental dwelling policies. Our new Longhorn Dwelling program includes coverages and options that have all but disappeared from the rest of the market especially when combined into a single policy.
Here just a few of these additional coverages that are now available to your clients.
Available on any new Longhorn Dwelling policy:
- TDP1 and TDP3 Form options
- $500 deductible option
- Up to 2 owner-occupied dwellings on a single policy
- Mortgagee or Direct Bill options, with up to 9 monthly installments
Available on all Longhorn Non-Admitted Dwelling policies:
- Up to 9 tenant-occupied dwellings on a single policy
- No deductible for Fire and Lightning claims
- Optional deductibles up to 5%
- Automatic hail resistive roof credits without documentation
- Corporate named insureds, partnerships, and LLC’s eligible
- A new TDP1 Plus package option that includes replacement cost and additional extended dwelling coverages
- Optional extended vacancy clause – up to 3 months’ vacancy coverage without cancellation or rewrite
- Optional liability and medical payments coverage available on properties up to 100 acres
- Slide, diving board and trampoline liability buyback options available
- Owner occupied mobiles homes eligible (depending on age)
- Rewarding new credits:
- Age of Roof
- Age of Dwelling
- Fire and Burglar Protective Devices
Available only on Longhorn TDP1 policies:
- Coverage for tenant-occupied mobile homes
Available only on Longhorn TDP1 Plus and TDP3 policies:
- Vandalism & Malicious Mischief automatically included
- Limited foundation and water back up automatically included
- Limited mold coverage automatically included
Of course we can’t possibly list all the options or terms and conditions here, so be sure to quote a Longhorn Dwelling program policy as soon as possible and see for yourself just how much beef is really there.
Most owner-occupied Longhorn Dwelling policies will continue to be issued through San Antonio Indemnity Company. All other Longhorn Dwelling policies will be underwritten by Lloyd’s of London which is non-admitted in the State of Texas. However, Lloyd’s of London is rated “A” by A.M. Best, and known the world over for their security and innovative insurance products. For example, they insured Betty Grable’s legs and Bruce Springsteen’s vocal cords. They also insure tens of thousands of Texas houses and have been doing business since about 1688, so they’re very solid. We’ll automatically include the appropriate notices with any renewals switched from SAIC to Lloyds, of course, so you wont’ have to do anything special with those.
We thank you for the opportunity to continue to provide you and your clients leading insurance products for rental properties. We hope that we may serve you for years to come. We promise to continue to innovate and improve our product offerings to earn that privilege. We’re putting the beef back into insurance!
So please quote a Texas Longhorn TDP and let us know how we are doing.