A couple months ago we needed to switch our print and mailing. The firm that had been doing it could not any longer. This turned out to be a huge positive for several reasons. As part of the process we:
- Updated the system creating the print packages.
- Analyzed each policy package.
- Reviewed the output from each transaction type.
- Examined ways to combine output.
These efforts returned significant savings and a better experience for our agents and clients. As a result of the project iMGA was able to produce mailers with:
- Much more modern, clean, user-friendly documents.
- Much less wasted paper and ink.
- Less confusing layout for the clients.
- Fewer envelopes and separate packages.
We know there’s always room for more improvement and we will continue to listen to suggestions about ways to get better. In fact, several of the changes we made were the direct result of input from agents that we listened to and those changes made a meaningful impact.
We’re very happy with the results so far. With a few weeks of focused efforts we were able to make substantial improvements in a significant portion of our business.
- Improved mailing reliability.
- Dramatically reduced staff effort and time needed to handle printing and mailing, and
- Decreased costs.
All in all, a great experience.
What portion of your business have you focused on lately? What portion of your business would you like to improve? Why not start with that now?