Work near beautiful Lake Travis where you can grow and succeed while helping others.
iMGA helps over 450 Texas insurance agents provide their clients with protection for homes, mobile homes, vacant dwellings, rental houses, vacation homes, and apartments that are hard for other insurance companies to accept, and flood coverage broader than that available anywhere else. We’ve grown to help thousands of customers and need a friendly, customer-focused, detail-oriented individual to help us continue our growth.
You’ll work with people with decades of insurance experience to evaluate and control the potential risks involved with different residences and provide world-class customer service. You’ll also play a critical role in growing our business through your calls to our agents, research on products and competitors, and testing and feedback critical to continuing to improve our systems and products.
The ideal candidate will have experience underwriting personal lines insurance in the independent agency space.
The Underwriter salary is open depending on experience, skills, attitude and qualifications of the right candidate. We’re looking for the right fit for our firm not the right salary to plug an opening!
All iMGA employees benefit from great benefits including health, dental and disability insurance, a generous 401k program and more.
You can learn a ton more about us and the environment we cultivate at https://imga.biz/about-imga/imgas-philosophy/
Every day at the office should be interesting, challenging, rewarding, and fun! You work too hard for it to be unfulfilling, and life is too short to not have fun at work, where you spend most of your waking hours.
If this sounds like your kind of environment and opportunity, then we’d love to talk. You can start the process by completing the very short form at the bottom of the page at http://imga.biz/careers
- Answer agent questions about product eligibility
- Evaluate and make decisions on referred applications – in consultation with management as necessary
- Call agents about ways to increase their ability to use our products and help our shared clients
- Research product and competitor information to recommend ways to improve our competitiveness in the market
- Review reports to evaluate effectiveness and new opportunities
Underwriter skills and background
- High school diploma/GED
- Excellent phone and typing skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Experience with insurance transactions and evaluations
- Knowledge of regulatory issues in insurance underwriting
- Experience working with insurance agents
If this sounds exactly like something for you and you’d like to move forward with the process, simply complete this form: